Saturday, August 16, 2008

JAYMES IS A GIRL . . .



























As most of the world knows by now, on August 8, 2008, Clay Aiken announced the birth of a son on his blog at his fan club website:


Hello All...

I know it's been a while. I'm sure you know, it's been a full full
summer. Sorry we haven't spoken in so long. But, I'm sure you know... I hate putting the cart before the horse. Not my way to tempt fate. But I wanted to stop by, if only for a second, so you could be the first folks I tell....
HE'S HERE!


My dear friend, Jaymes, and I are so excited to announce the
birth of Parker Foster Aiken (No hyphens. One first name. One middle name. One last name.)
Parker was born at a hospital in North Carolina just
this morning at 8:08 AM. Wow... 8:08 ..08/08/08


Weighed in at 6 lbs 2 oz and measured 19 inches


The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy.
Mama Jaymes is doing quite well also. The Aiken family, the Foster family, and the Parker family are all thrilled. We'll share more at some
point in the future. Love to you all!












Clay, Jaymes and Parker leaving Durham Regional Hospital three days after the birth.





The mother is Jaymes Foster (not James Foster) and, as Clay revealed in a concert a couple of years ago, “Jaymes is a girl.”


Along with being Clay’s “dear friend” and the mother of his son, Jaymes served as the Executive Producer of Clay’s “A Thousand Different Ways” CD released in 2006, his Christmas EP “All is Well” released for the 2006 Christmas season, and his latest CD “On My Way Here” released in May 2008. It is believed that she has been his “dear friend” for a number of years. In his liner notes for “A Thousand Different Ways,” Clay dedicated these words to Jaymes:


How we ended up on the same page in each others lives at the same time I may
never understand. What I do know is that I am thankful daily that God saw fit to
introduce me to someone as talented, wise and genuine as you. That you believed in me enough to take on this project with me and stick with it through so much has been one of the biggest blessings I've been given...But not as big as the blessing of having you as a trusted and indispensable friend.








Clay, Jaymes and David Foster, Jaymes's brother and Grammy winning composer and arranger rehearsing for Clay's October 2007 performance at the Neil Sedaka Tribute in New York City.



Clay and Jaymes at the David Foster Gala in Vancouver, 2006


















Clay and Jaymes at Clay's Christmas Concert
in Charlotte, NC, December 2006.


Clay and Jaymes leaving the David Foster Gala

Clay, Jaymes and Parker will be moving to New York City in September for Clay to reprise his role as Sir Robin in Spamalot on Broadway. They will be there until January 4, 2009.





Technorati Tags:
, , ,